Transactions of the National Academy of Science and Technology (ISSN 0115-8848) has been published by the National Academy of Science and Technology Philippines (NAST PHL) since 1979. Transactions NAST PHL has traditionally published papers presented during the Academy’s Annual Scientific Meeting to promote science-based policy discussions of and recommendations on timely and relevant national issues as part of its functions as a national science academy.
Starting with Volume 43 (2021) this journal is open to contributions from the global scientific community in all fields—agricultural sciences, biological sciences, engineering science and technology, health sciences, mathematical and physical sciences and social sciences. The types of papers this journal will publish include the following: plenary papers presented at NAST PHL Annual Scientific Meetings, perspectives/commentaries, original articles, review articles with policy and research recommendations, feature articles, brief reports, and auto/biographical essays of members of NAST PHL and other outstanding men and women of science. All contributed papers will be subjected to double-blind peer review.
Table of Contents
Message for Transactions NAST PHL 45 (2023)
- Message for Transactions NAST PHL 45 (2023)Jaime C. Montoya, President, National Academy of Science and Technology Philippines
- Message – Philippine PresidentHon. Ferdinand R. Marcos, Jr. Republic of the Philippines
- Message – DOSTSec. Renato U. Solidum, Jr. DOST Secretary
- Message – NAST PHLAcd. Jaime C. Montoya, NAST PHL President
- Message – Chair Steering CommitteeNS Raul V. Fabella, Chair, Steering Committee
- Resolutions (2023)Delivered during the 45th Annual Scientific Meeting (12-13 July 2023) of the National Academy of Science and Technology, Philippines
- Angel C. Alcala — Grand Old Man of Philippine Marine ScienceJurgenne H. Primavera
- NAST PHL Harnessing Science and Technology to Build the Philippines of the FutureWilliam G. Padolina
- Management Science for PAGTANAW 2050 Talent Development and RetentionFederico M. Macaranas, Ph.D.
- The Landscape of Foresight Networks in the Asia-PacificShermon O. Cruz and Nicole Anne K. Moura
- The Probabilistic Risk Assessment Imperative in Philippine Climate Change Adaptation-Disaster Risk Reduction (CCA-DRR) EffortsA.M.F. Lagmay, J.T. Santiago, J.E. Mendoza, J.K.B. Suarez, J.V. Agapito, R.M. Rosales, A.C. Pascual, and C.R. Concepcion